L Word Snark's Journal|
[Most Recent Entries]
Below are the 16 most recent journal entries recorded in
L Word Snark's LiveJournal:
|Monday, January 8th, 2007|
Any news from the front?
I'm going to torrent this at some point tonight or tomorrow. Let's not spoil till tuesday night, mmk?
|Monday, April 3rd, 2006|
So, given some time to contemplate...
Where does the show go from here? The only new character introduced this season who is staying, at least it seems like she might, was Claude (the french woman).
Bette: Could be gone (although I doubt it), and I don't know how they can write her back in. Will this be "The (lesbian) Fugitive"? Will there be a one armed man?
Alice + Lara: This just seemed creepy to me, as I think it has to some of you, as well.
Carmen: Sara Shahi seems to be choosing the worst sitcoms in creation to appear on. As long as they're paying her, I say good for her. The Carmen character seemed to be, at best, a distraction for me this season.
Jenny and Max: Max. Get a clue, go take your job at insafemodetechwhateverthefuckthenameofth
ecompanyis. I don't think Jenny's gonna miss you altogether much.
Tina: Best whiny line of the season (as usual). "Bette, this is not okay!" No shit, dick tracy.
Kit and Mangus: Why do I find myself not caring, at all? I love Pam Grier! And Mangus just is getting smarmier and not likabler. Not pleased at all.
Dana: deserved better.
I'm out. What should we talk about until next season?
|Saturday, April 1st, 2006|
says that Sarah Shahi isn't coming back for Season 4.
The line to praise Jesus starts HERE.
|Monday, March 27th, 2006|
|Thursday, March 23rd, 2006|
Bad episode. No biscuit.
1) Funniest moment in L Word History.
"Do you know who's a lesbian?"
"I AM NOT!"
2) When did shane and dana get so close that Shane becomes catatonic after the funeral? Did I miss some deep bonding that happened between the two of them during the series? I mean...maybe Shane gets like this after every funeral? But I don't know.
3) Why were we deprived the "bette comes back home and tina tells her that she's found a cock to love" moment?
4) Hooray for the return of Jane Lynch though. There's nothing better than a shyster lawyer, and really, what's better than a LESBIAN shyster lawyer who used to represent the OTHER PARTNER in the relationship? That sound you hear is a conflict of interest happening.
5) Marry her? You want to marry the crazy "omg you cheated on me by getting a tattoo and flying away after you turned into a bird" woman??? Maybe that's why shane doesn't "do" relationships...her partner choices kinda suck.
6) I finally have sympathy for Helena. And Dylan is a dummy. Dum. My.
7) Jenny and Max: You need to stop it. Stop it. Now. WHY ARE YOU STILL TOGETHER? NO REAL COUPLE WOULD STILL BE TOGETHER. EZGIRL IS TEH BADNESS.
And the best part of the episode? No stupid ezgirl theme music.
Thanks to crabashleigh for posting teh thingum. Would you do it again this week?
|Tuesday, March 21st, 2006|
Shit you guys.
And I said I wasn't going to cry.
Even though the Betty music was horrible. Current Mood: discontent
|Tuesday, March 14th, 2006|
|Wednesday, March 8th, 2006|
In order of appearance...
Carmen: You blow everything out of proportion...I swear, if she had the rosie perez squeak voice, it'd be a caricature of a latina woman.
Tina: I think enough has been said on this subject. But please, feel free...
The Alice thing reminds me of that old Julia Roberts film. I forget which one. And that's sad.
Oh, and Jennie? You're a writer. Look up what happens when you increase testosterone levels.
|Tuesday, March 7th, 2006|
|Friday, March 3rd, 2006|
|Thursday, March 2nd, 2006|
List of 3x08 Rants (And Stuff)
As I said earlier via comment, everyone was apparently on drugs this week. The past few episodes have been great, good, and fantastic in my opinion. And then someone whipped out the crack pipe and said "let's go smoke!" and then they did. Because...
- Bette just told Tina to go do her employee a week or so ago, and now she's saying "YOU ARE NOT MY LIFE PARTNER OMGZ!!!" She hasn't done him yet, she pushed him to the floor like a rabid dog, and she even told Bette she didn't mind her touching her (although God knows how honest THAT was, since neither of these women are Tammy Truthteller, but at least it was a start). And then Bette whips out the pipe and goes, "OMG GET OUT OF MY HOUSE." Don't forget who's paying the mortgage now
- Carmen? Same stash. "OMG YOU TATTOO!CHEATED ON ME IN A DREAM, NOW GET OUT OF YOUR OWN DAMN BED AND SLEEP ON THE COUCH YOU WHORE." Crack, crack, crack. Apologies mean nothing on this show.
- While I'm at it, BETTY. Not only musically incompetent, but morally incapable of staying out of their "FRIEND'S" business. Elizabeth Ziff must be real good in bed or real good at faking it.
- Helena/Dylan sex scenes were totally hot, but I don't think Dylan is all there. As in I think she's scamming Helena's ass off for whatever reason. Boyfriend doesn't care where she was overnight, is MORE than eager to get into Helena's pants (well, hell, so am I, but I didn't PUSH HER AWAY one day and then attack her in her office the next, either). Something is sketch, and watch that be another dropped storyline featuring Just Another Crazy Closeted Lesbian.
- Also, am I the only one who finds it amusing that Alexandra Hedison (Dylan) used to date Ellen DeGeneres, who now dates Portia de Rossi, who once dated Francesca Gregorini, who is now reportedly dating Kate Moennig? We need a real-life Chart to keep up with this shit.
- WHILE I'M AT IT, why did Bette just assume Tina wasn't attracted to men anymore? Are we outing Bette as a bisexualphobe? Because dude, you were the first woman she ever did, and if that's what we're trying to gather from Bette (that it's either licking or dicking, but not both) then it's being done entirely the wrong way. Instead of getting intolerant!Bette (who has always been a shade intolerant, even when she's being all loving and benevolent) we're getting badbatchofcrack!Bette. Lord God help us.
- DID I MENTION BETTY? Because it's worth mentioning twice.
- It pisses me off the way they treat Max. Goes back the whole intolerant thing. Maybe this season's theme isn't "crackheads" or "overreaction, but "intolerance among the minority"? Was it Alice who made the comment about Max living off of Jenny? Because let's not forget who was the breadwinner in Bette's house for years (because Lord knows Tina's forgotten it). Current Mood: annoyed
And another thing!
When did teh Mangus show up at the studio? Not like we all didn't know he was coming back...but still...
Ah, I love watching Bette be a bitch.
She's SO good at it.
"You no longer have the privileges of being my life partner!"
Such unbridled chutzpah, after watching her beg Tina on her knees not to leave her.
|Tuesday, February 21st, 2006|
And another thing!
The asshole male roomate?
The one who filmed shane?
What happened to him?
It seemed like everyone was friends, and everything was fine...where'd he go????
|Monday, February 20th, 2006|
The show has to be the strangest paced thing I've ever seen on TV.
Case in point: season finale, season 2.
Jenny is cutting herself! But she's going to get help! That's good, right? And she'll have her friends around to support her, right?
Apparently not, as she leaves town to get help. Did anyone see that at the end of that episode? Did I miss her saying, Oh guys, I'm going to leave town and be with family! I must have missed that exquisitely well written scene.
And Tina gets sick and is unable to have the bebe at home. She goes to the hospital, and flatlines! Oh noes! WHat will happen to our heroine!
Apparently, it didn't matter enough to the writers to take care of this onscreen. No, it was dealt with offscreen, and we never see any medical attention given to her. All we see is Bette, cradling the baby, and telling everyone Tina is okay...but we don't even see her until the premiere of season 3!
And the Alice/Dana thing? It felt like they wrote that scene with Lara and Dana at the restaurant, looked at it after the season and said, "Nah, they're cute together. They'll be in a relationship instead of Dana and Alice".
Don't get me started on Psychotic Alice, either. She's...yeah.